Saturday 28 May 2011

It's Saturday

It is market day and everyone is out on the street.  We decided to head for Centro Habana to check out some of the old buildings and one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in.  Most restaurants are state owned but this one is privatized and is on the world food map.  It was divine.  I sat there working out how many more meals we would have in Havana and how much of the menu I could get through. 

Have I mentioned Havana is gorgeous?

The people are really friendly.  But I have noticed that there are loads of really attractive police people around and when they stop anyone the civilian looks very worried.

They seem to be there to keep locals away from tourists.  When you do get a chance to talk to the locals they tell you that there is no freedom here.  Cuba Libre................

No comments:

Post a Comment