Saturday 28 May 2011

Cuba

Air Cubana. I was impresed that everything was going so smoothly.  We were on the bus to cross the tarmac on time.  Then it started to go pear shaqped.  The bus didn't move for 20 minutes.  Then they gave up and took us to the plane.  MMMMmmmm  it was a second hand Russian built thing, made when flares were in fashion the first time.  We got on through a hole I had to fold myself in half to fit through, past a toilet that smelled like the seventh level of hell and onto a lumpy seat.  I had the window, yay. Until it became evident that we were not leaving in a hurry.  The sun co0ming through the window started to burn.  AQfter fifteen minutes I had steam coming off my thigh.  After 45 mins there was smoke.  After an hour and 15 some guy strolled on into the open arms of the hotessesses, who called him captain.  He sat in the second row which inspired confidence. 
We took off for an hour flight and I think my worrying kept the plane in the air.  That's four flights down.  Four to go

No comments:

Post a Comment