Sunday 5 June 2011

Weird.

I know that some think I am weird.  My younger daughter in particular.

One of my oddities is that I carry food with me - everywhere.

It may be that I was born in the year of the rat, or that I have watched too many series of Survivor.

But, when you are three and a half hours out on a seven hour horse ride in the middle of a Cuban forest, or stuck waiting for a plane when there is only shit food around, or if the Air Cubana flight rashes and you are in a rubber boat for two weeks in the Caribbean sea, and I break out the loaves and fishes from my Mary Poppins bag and feed the masses, suddenly, I am not so weird.

I also fed half of Havana.  I had health bars and ookies from the flights we had done and they fed us soooo much eerywhere in Cuba they I would take left overs out with me and give them to beggars (there were not many at all) or kids on the street, or to the taxi drivers for their children.

I ended up like the Pied Piper.  People I had given food to would ome up to me days later and call me Mi amore and kiss me.

Did I mention I loved Havana.

No comments:

Post a Comment