Saturday 4 June 2011

Trinidad

Trinidad was gorgeous.  I have found all of Cuba to be very laid back, but Trinidad was soooo cruisey.  The whole town is UNESCO world heritage listed and it is like something out of a Gabriel Garcia Marques novel.  Which does it for me.

The houses are all hundreds of years old with 5 mt high ceilings and half pipe tile roofs.

We stayed in one that was two hundred or so years old and has been in the same family for that long.  We had a huge room in the front of the house which led onto the parlor and the courtyard.

The town was perfect for strolling around, there are not many cars and petrol is expensive. You were more likely to have to move for a horse and cart than anything else.

We went on a horse trail ride into the forest to a waterfall and had a swim.  I am traveling with two people who have watched far too much David Attenborough (?sp) and they point out every bird, lizard and fish we see, name it and give me the life cycle and breeding habits.  I on the other hand notice and point out all the flowers and trees..  And one giant tarantula I saw dead on the road.  It was the size of a cat. I'm sure.

We spent three days in Trinidad, so far it is the place I would like to live.  We went to a bar at midnight to see some music and there was the hottest dancer I have ever seen there.  Maybe that is part of the reason I want to live there.

I thought about dancing but everyone seems to have had Salsa lessons and it was a bit scary getting up under flouro lights and moving my two left feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment